EMS Newsletter: “ems-message”
The European Meteorological Society’s newsletter, the ems-message, is distributed by e-mail and contains information about activities of the EMS Member organisations, upcoming meetings, award announcememts and other news from the wider meteorological community.
The EMS Liaison Committee aims to publish editions every six weeks. Submissions are welcome at any time.
Submission of material for the ems-message
To submit an item for publication in the ems-message please send the text and at least one accompanying image to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Please include the name of the photographer if including a photograph and ensure that we have permission to publish it.
Articles are generally a few paragraphs in length.
Deadlines for upcoming editions of the ems-message
Deadline for the October 2018 edition: October 1st 2018
Deadline for the December 2018 edition: 15 November 2018
Most recent ems-messages below:
- ems-message August 2018
- ems-message June 2018
- ems-message May 2018
- ems-message March 2018
- ems-message February 2018
- ems-message December 2017
Subscribe to the ems-message
If you would like to receive the ems-message please join our mailing list.
We use a self-hosted newsletter plugin to distribute the ems-message to all subscribers, and therefore store all subscriber e-mails in our own subscriber database.
When you subscribe to the ems-message your email is sufficient, no other data is required; providing your name is optional.
Subscription for the ems-message uses the Double-Opt-In procedure.
We send our newsletters without tracking which recipients open the email letter and which links are clicked.
ems-message archive 2008-2012
From 2008 to 2012 the ems-message was published as pdf-file. Access to these newsletters is provided below.
- ems-message No 3-2012 (December 2012)
- ems-message No 2-2012 (July 2012)
- ems_message Special Issue May 2012: Award and workshop announcements
- ems-message No 1-2012 (April 2012)
- ems-message No 4-2011 (December 2011)
- ems-message No 3-2011 (September 2011)
- ems-message No 2-2011 (June 2011)
- ems-message No 1-2011 (March 2011)
- ems-message No 10 (December 2010)
- ems-message No 9 (June 2010)
- ems-message No 8 (April 2010)
- ems-message No 7 (December 2009)
- ems-message No 6 (September 2009)
- ems-message No 5 (July 2009)
- ems-message No 4 (March 2009)
- ems-message No 3 (December 2008)
- ems-message No 2 (September 2008)
- ems-message No 1 (June 2008)
Newsletter archive until 2006
The EMS Newsletter was established – even before the EMS was formally founded – to inform about the activities of European Meteorological Societies and facilitate contact and collaboration between them. The last printed EMS Newsletter, number nine, was published in May 2006.
The two latest editions are accessible below:
Since, all news and information is published online in the News Room and via the electronic ems-message to speed-up dissemination of information and enhance discussion within the membership of the EMS and beyond.
Since 2006, EMS Annual Reports are also published online.