Electronic newsletter ems-message
The electronic ems-message is distributed as an e-mail newsletter and contains information on activities of the EMS Member organisations, upcoming meetings, award announcememts, or relevant news from the wider meteorological community.
The Liaison Committee aims to publish editions every six weeks. Submissions are welcome at any time. Please send any material to email@example.com.
Most recent ems-messages below (to view in your browser):
- newsletter March 2018
- newsletter February 2018
- newsletter December 2017
- newsletter May 2017
- newsletter April 2017
- newsletter February 2017
- newsletter December 2016
- newsletter August 2016
- newsletter April 2016
- newsletter March 2016
Subscribe to the ems-message
If you would like to receive the ems-message please join our mailing list.
We currently use the US-based newsletter tool of mailchimp to distribute the ems-message to all subscribers, and therefore store all subscriber e-mails plus first and last name as provided by the subscriber in the mailchimp data base.
By subscribing to the ems-message the subscriber agrees to these terms.
ems-message archive 2008-2012
From 2008 to 2012 the ems-message was published as pdf-file. Access to these newsletters is provided below.
- ems-message No 3-2012 (December 2012)
- ems-message No 2-2012 (July 2012)
- ems_message Special Issue May 2012: Award and workshop announcements
- ems-message No 1-2012 (April 2012)
- ems-message No 4-2011 (December 2011)
- ems-message No 3-2011 (September 2011)
- ems-message No 2-2011 (June 2011)
- ems-message No 1-2011 (March 2011)
- ems-message No 10 (December 2010)
- ems-message No 9 (June 2010)
- ems-message No 8 (April 2010)
- ems-message No 7 (December 2009)
- ems-message No 6 (September 2009)
- ems-message No 5 (July 2009)
- ems-message No 4 (March 2009)
- ems-message No 3 (December 2008)
- ems-message No 2 (September 2008)
- ems-message No 1 (June 2008)
Newsletter archive until 2006
The EMS Newsletter was established – even before the EMS was formally founded – to inform about the activities of European Meteorological Societies and facilitate contact and collaboration between them. The last printed EMS Newsletter, number nine, was published in May 2006.
The two latest editions are accessible below:
Since, all news and information is published online in the News Room and via the electronic ems-message to speed-up dissemination of information and enhance discussion within the membership of the EMS and beyond.
Since 2006, EMS Annual Reports are also published online.