EMS Newsletter: “ems-message”
The European Meteorological Society’s newsletter, the ems-message, is distributed by e-mail and contains information about activities of the EMS Member organisations, upcoming meetings, award announcements and other news from the wider meteorological community.
The EMS Liaison Committee aims to publish editions every six weeks. Submissions are welcome at any time.
Submission of material for the ems-message
To submit an item for publication in the ems-message please send the text and at least one accompanying image to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of the photographer if including a photograph and ensure that we have permission to publish it.
Here are a few more tips on how to prepare an item which would greatly help our editorial team:
- Articles are generally a few paragraphs in length, and should ideally not be longer than 1500 words.
- Providing links to relevant websites or social media channels would be much appreciated.
- Picture size and names: if possible, we would appreciate if you could resize any photographs or picture material to a maximum size of 600×600 pixels. Please name any image files appropriately so that they are indicative of what is shown (for example “2019-education-event.jpg”).
- Picture captions: Please include suggested captions, including the names of any people shown in photos (if applicable). We also require agreement from any people who can be recognised in the photos that they are happy to have their photograph published on EMS outreach channels.
Please don’t be put off if you can’t adhere to the above suggestions – we will work around what you provide. Thank you!
Subscribe to the ems-message
If you would like to receive the ems-message please join our mailing list.
We use a self-hosted newsletter plugin to distribute the ems-message to all subscribers, and therefore store all subscriber e-mails in our own subscriber database.
When you subscribe to the ems-message your email is sufficient, no other data is required; providing your name is optional.
Subscription for the ems-message uses the Double-Opt-In procedure.
We send our newsletters without tracking which recipients open the email letter and which links are clicked.
ems-message since 2017
Archive: ems-messages 2008-2012
From 2008 to 2012 the ems-message was published as pdf-file. Access to these newsletters is provided below.
- ems-message No 3-2012 (December 2012)
- ems-message No 2-2012 (July 2012)
- ems_message Special Issue May 2012: Award and workshop announcements
- ems-message No 1-2012 (April 2012)
- ems-message No 4-2011 (December 2011)
- ems-message No 3-2011 (September 2011)
- ems-message No 2-2011 (June 2011)
- ems-message No 1-2011 (March 2011)
- ems-message No 10 (December 2010)
- ems-message No 9 (June 2010)
- ems-message No 8 (April 2010)
- ems-message No 7 (December 2009)
- ems-message No 6 (September 2009)
- ems-message No 5 (July 2009)
- ems-message No 4 (March 2009)
- ems-message No 3 (December 2008)
- ems-message No 2 (September 2008)
- ems-message No 1 (June 2008)
Newsletter archive until 2006
The EMS Newsletter was established – even before the EMS was formally founded – to inform about the activities of European Meteorological Societies and facilitate contact and collaboration between them. The last printed EMS Newsletter, number nine, was published in May 2006.
The two latest editions are accessible below:
Since, all news and information is published online in the News Room and via the electronic ems-message to speed-up dissemination of information and enhance discussion within the membership of the EMS and beyond.
Since 2006, EMS Annual Reports are also published online.