EMS Annual Meetings
The Annual Meetings of the EMS aim at fostering exchange and cross-fertilization of ideas in the meteorological, climatological and related communities, focusing particularly on strategic issues relevant to the future of meteorology in Europe.
Until 2016, the EMS Annual Meetings were organised alternately with the European Conference on Applied Climatology (ECAC) and the European Conference on Applications of Meteorology (ECAM). In light of the growing role within and engagement with society, and the increasing intertwined nature of weather and climate services a new concept of the annual conference was developed with all stakeholders to meet these challenges, and since successfully implemented.
The alternating focus on weather and climate from year to year will be continued and highlighted through the conference theme. The theme for the 2021 virtual EMS Annual Meeting is Weather and climate research and services for the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals: a decade left for action.
- The EMS has a sustainable meetings policy.
Forthcoming Annual Meetings
- EMS Annual Meeting 2021: 3-10 September 2021, online
- EMS Annual Meeting 2022: 5-9 September 2022, University of Bonn, Germany
- EMS Annual Meeting 2023: 3–8 September 2023, University of Economics in Bratislava, Slovakia
- EMS Annual Meeting 2024: likely 2-6 September 2024, Historical University of Barcelona, Spain
Venues for 2025 are currently under consideration, venues for years beyond 2025 are open for proposals.