EMS Annual Meetings
The Annual Meetings of the EMS aim at fostering exchange and cross-fertilization of ideas in the meteorological, climatological and related communities, focusing particularly on strategic issues relevant to the future of meteorology in Europe.
The EMS Annual Meetings until recently were organised alternately with the European Conference on Applied Climatology (ECAC) and the European Conference on Applications of Meteorology (ECAM). In light of the growing role within and engagement with society, and the increasing intertwined nature of weather and climate services a new concept of the annual conference is developed with all stakeholders to meet these challenges.
The alternating focus on weather and climate from year to year will be continued and highlighted through the conference theme. The theme for the 2018 EMS Annual Meeting in Budapest is Weather and climate: global change and local hazards.
- The EMS has a sustainable meetings policy.
The conference in the social media
During the recent EMS Annual Meeting in September 2018 in Budapest we have
- recorded interviews with participants and organisers, and posted them on YouTube and facebook;
- participants posted anything of interest on twitter using the hashtag #emsannual2018.
- Also some of the sessions were recorded and streamed live; the audio-line and the presentations are availabe on YouTube.
- Browse more recordings from the EMS2018 in Budapest and EMS2017 in Dublin.
Forthcoming Annual Meetings
EMS Annual Meeting 2019: 09-13 September 2019, DTU Lyngby, Copenhagen
EMS Annual Meeting 2020: 07-11 September 2020, University of Economics, Bratislava
EMS Annual Meeting 2021: 06-10 September 2021, Historical University of Barcelona
Venues for 2022 are currently under consideration, venues for years beyond 2022 are open for proposals.