1st WWRP/SERA Weather & Society Conference
The Societal and Economics Research Application (SERA) Working Group of the WMO World Weather Research Programme (WWRP) invites the weather community to actively participate in the 1st WWRP/SERA “Weather & Society Conference” organised by this Programme.
The conference will take place virtually from 28 February to 11 March 2022 and aims to understand, analyse and enhance the value of weather and climate services in society with a total of nine sessions on:
- Impact based forecasting and warnings of extreme weather events
- Citizen Science & Observations
- Indigenous and local weather knowledge
- Estimating and improving the socio-economic benefit of weather information
- Value chain of Early Warning System
- Understanding the communication of weather forecast uncertainty
- The First Mile of Weather and Climate Information and Warning
- The last mile challenges of seamless weather and climate information
- Use of weather information for civil protection, emergency management and humanitarian aid
Session descriptions, contact address and more information about the conference are available on the website: www.weatherandsociety.de. Registration is for free with no deadline. Call for abstracts for oral and poster presentations is open until 17 January 2022.