User Outreach and Engagement Officer
ECMWF, Shinfield Park, Reading, UK
Closing date: 22 December 2019
ECMWF is recruiting a User Outreach and Engagement Officer within the Forecasts Department. The User Outreach and Engagement Officer will deliver outreach activities and proactively seek feedback from the user base to improve the uptake of ECMWF products, software and services such as compute and archiving. The position is part of the User Services Section and will report to the User Outreach and Engagement Team Leader. The section provides support to ECMWF users on computing, software, data access and archiving services. Moreover, it coordinates outreach activities such as training and user focused workshops.
The scope of this role is to ensure continuous engagement with ECMWF users via consolidated channels like liaison visits, user workshops and fora. Moreover, the successful candidate will encourage the increase of the user base and audiences by proactively engaging with users via innovation programmes. The role will coordinate the response to existing user requirements and needs, as well as identifying new and emerging needs.
The successful candidate will also coordinate training initiatives on the use of ECMWF software, products and computing facilities (https://learning.ecmwf.int). Further synergies with Copernicus Climate Change Service User Learning Services (C3S ULS) will need to be sought. Information of the C3S ULS can be found here: https://uls.climate.copernicus.eu
The successful candidate will work closely with teams across ECMWF to ensure that the services and products fulfil current and evolving users’ needs and expectations, both in terms of products and quality of service. Establishing and maintaining relationships with existing and new users, and engaging with them throughout their journey to ensure that ECMWF maintains its user focus will be essential in this position.
Main duties and key responsibilities
- Organising and delivering outreach activities aimed at promoting ECMWF products, software and computing and archiving services.
- Promoting the use of ECMWF data, products and software via innovation programmes
- Coordinating training activities within the Forecasts Department and seek synergies with the C3S User Learning Services and the ECMWF Research Department training activities.
- Implementing in coordination with the relevant stakeholders within ECMWF, the migration of the training content to the new learning management platform and defining a plan to widely promote its use
- Coordinating the collection of user requests on ECMWF products, software and services and setting- up an effective process that enables such requests to feed into the strategic decisions of ECMWF
- Presenting and showcasing ECMWF products and services in meetings, workshops, events, and international fora
- Collecting and analysing user feedback on ECMWF products, software and services (such as computing, archiving and data delivery services).
The successful candidate will be recruited at the A2 grade, according to the scales of the Co-ordinated Organisations and the annual salary will be £59,228.40 net of tax. This position is assigned to the employment category STF-C as defined in the Staff Regulations.
Full details of salary scales and allowances are available on the ECMWF website at www.ecmwf.int/en/about/jobs, including the Centre’s Staff Regulations regarding the terms and conditions of employment.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Length of contract: Four years.