Postdoctoral Research Scientist in Earth Observation (or System Engineer)
University of Reading, UK
Closing date: 14 September 2018
The successful applicant will perform research on the validation and merging of water vapour observations from international satellite instruments within ESA’s Water Vapour Climate Change Initiative, with the goal to produce high-quality climate data records.
The proposed work will be carried out within the framework of the European Space Agency’s (ESA) Water Vapour Climate Change Initiative (Water_Vapour_cci), which is carried out by a consortium of 12 international partner institutions from across Europe and Canada (including both research institutions and environmental consultant companies).
You will have:
- Skills in quantitative analysis of atmospheric observations and model data
- High level scientific programming skills
- Capability of independent thought
- Written and oral communication skills
- PhD or equivalent in physical sciences, applied mathematics, environmental sciences, or equivalent
- Knowledge of Earth observations
- Knowledge of atmospheric trace gas distributions (in particular water vapour)
- Proven track record in research, demonstrated through excellent peer-reviewed publications
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Willingness to accept advice
- Willingness to contribute to project administration
Deadline of application: 14 September 2018.
Interviews will be held on 27 September 2018.
The start date of the appointment will be 24 November 2018 with a 30-month duration (until 23 May 2021).