Postdoctoral Position on Tropical Cyclones
Imperial College. London, UK
Closing date not specified
You will carry out and lead an independent high-quality programme of research on tropical cyclones. Of particular interest is improving the understanding of the physics of tropical cyclones and the forecasting/projecting of tropical cyclones on all time scales from hours to decades. You will be using a wide range of models including statistical, regional and global. One objective is to provide improved information on climate risk. You will be expected to submit high impact publications to refereed journals.
Duties and responsibilities
- Independent research on the physics of tropical cyclones
- To develop contacts and research collaborations
- To provide guidance to PhD Students
- Contribute to bids for research grants
- To publish in high quality journals
- PhD in atmospheric physics or related science
- Excellent knowledge of and strong publication record on tropical cyclones
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to write clearly and succinctly for publication
This is a 2-year, full-time or part-time position.
If you are thinking about applying for this job and want to discuss it further, please contact Prof Ralf Toumi: email@example.com