Postdoc position: “Coping with Climate-Related Uncertainties and Variabilities”
Universität Hamburg, Germany
Closing date: 15 December 2019
The Cluster of Excellence CLICCS (Climate, Climatic Change, and Society) at Universität Hamburg invites applications for 1 postdoc position.
The research associate will participate in the CLICCS-B5 project “Coping with Climate-Related Uncertainties and Variabilities”. The specific duty within project B5 will be to advance spatially explicit integrated climate-energy-economic modelling within the field of Integrated Assessment. Processes must become resolved to such a degree that the modelling framework would become susceptible to insights on social dynamics as generated within the CLICCS-projects B1-B4. This requires close collaboration with all CLICCS-B projects.
- A university degree in a relevant subject plus doctorate, preferably in economics, engineering, mathematics, or the natural sciences.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate prior experience in spatially explicit integrated climate-energy-economic modelling.
- Familiarity with a variety of different scientific methods ideally including both qualitative and quantitative skills is important.
- Applicants should show evidence of developing a track record of internationally recognized research worthy of publication in highly-ranked, peer reviewed academic journals, commensurate with the candidate’s career stage.
- Prior working experience at the PostDoc level is a plus.