Postdoc on real-time source apportionment of particulate matter
Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI), Villigen, Switzerland
Closing date: 23 July 2019
The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland and performs cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, PSI works on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore about one quarter of the staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether PSI employs 2100 people.
For the Laboratory of Atmospheric Chemsitry PSI is looking for a Postdoctoral Fellow: Real-time source apportionment of particulate matter
- Development of real-time source apportionment methods and solutions, especially within a project in China
- Use of positive matrix factorization implemented in SoFi and development of new programs
- Deal with data from ACMS, Xact, Aethalometer and others, support of measurements
- Support and collaboration with other students / postdocs doing source apportionment analyses using online and offline data.
- Writing high quality peer-reviewed publications
- PhD degree in aerosol science or related, ideally with a strong statistical component or PhD degree in Statistics, ideally in the field of Atmospheric Science
- Proficiency in source apportionment methods and statistics
- Very gooy programming skills
- Ideal: In depth-experience with aerosol mass spectrometry, X-Ray fluorescence and/or Aethalometer measurements
- Very good english skills (oral and writing)
- Proven excellent publication record
- Interested to work with others in a team
The institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and the pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, PSI is able to support you with modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is initially limited to 2 years.
For further information please contact Dr Andre Prevot, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application online by 20 July 2019 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 5501-01).