Media assistant: Job offer for student assistant in graphic design and online communication
Posted 26 October, 2018
European Meteorological Society e.V., Berlin
Closing date: 30 November, 2018
The European Meteorological Society (EMS e.V.) is a non-profit organisation and runs a successful European conference on applied meteorology and climatology. It connects meteorologists throughout Europe and aims to facilitate communication and exchange across borders and different sectors and supports the development and use of meteorological knowledge for the benefit of the people in Europe.
To further develop this communication, the EMS is looking for an enthusiastic student assistant (m/f/t) to support the secretariat in its media and communication activities; this will be an interesting post and help you developing your CV.
Your role will include:
- To edit videos and photos;
- To develop posts on the various social media channels and the website (based on content provided);
- To design and develop outreach material (graphics, fliers, posters, corporate design).
We are looking for an enthusiastic student assistant with
- Skills in editing visual and audio material (photos, videos, podcasts),
- Effectiveness in utilising social media for the benefit of the EMS,
- Website editing skills and experience (in particular wordpress),
- Excellent command of English (all outreach communication exclusively in English),
- Preferably interest in meteorology,
- Interest in science journalism.
The post is offered for 30 hours/month initially for one year. The EMS Office is located in Berlin, the place of work can be agreed on (but principal residence in Germany is required).
Remuneration is 10€/hour.
Please send your application, including a CV, by e-mail in one pdf-document, using the keyword “Media assistant” by 30th November 2018 to the following address:
ems-sec (at) emetsoc.org
c/o Institut für Meteorologie, FU Berlin
Please mention the keyword “Media assistant” in the subject line of the application email. For further information regarding this position contact the Executive Secretary at ems-sec (at) emetsoc.org.
Application documents will be deleted half a year after the position has been filled.