MeteoGroup, London, UK
Closing date: not specified
To reinforce the Meteorology department of the office in London MeteoGroup is looking for:
As a Meteorologist you will work in a team of experienced forecasters, providing specific meteorological services within a number of sectors in the UK. MeteoGroup is looking for full-time employees, who will be hired on a 12 month contract. The position is based in the London office.
Monitoring the weather through interpreting observations, radar and satellite imagery forms part of the job. You will make detailed forecasts for customers working in sectors such as transport and energy. Additionally, providing forecasts and briefings to clients in the media sector will form part of the role.
As the weather plays an important role, accurate weather forecasting is essential for safe and economical optimization of work in a lot of businesses. Each client group has its own limitations and may require different parameters. It will be your task to serve these clients by providing all the necessary information and alerts.
Since the weather is a 24/7 hour business you will be working in shifts, including weekends, evenings and nights. MeteoGroup is looking for someone who enjoys working together with a team of energetic and creative colleagues, all over the world.
- Produce and deliver forecasts to key clients in various sectors, primarily in transport and energy;
- Monitor these forecasts against actual data and update forecasts as required;
- Produce forecasts for the media sector, at times;
- Brief colleagues on the overall weather ‘story’.
- You have a Meteorology or related degree, at least 3 years’ experience is desirable;
- Experience within a forecasting environment is preferred;
- Good organisational and accuracy skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines;
- A strong supportive team player;
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Whilst experience is desirable MeteoGroup also welcomes applications from new graduates.
If you have any questions, please contact Carmen Ogle (International Corporate Recruiter) via email@example.com. To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter (in English) via the “Apply” button below on the job page.