EUMETSAT – Online Data Services Coordinator
EUMETSAT, Darmstadt, Germany
Closing date: 27 January 2020
EUMETSAT is currently looking for an experienced Data Services Coordinator or Service Delivery Manager, from an operational Remote Sensing, IT or Engineering environment, to join an international team of young and inspiring engineers and industry professionals, tasked with driving innovation within the Space, Satellite and Earth Observation sector.
What you’ll be doing
EUMETSAT is evolving towards a “data-centric” approach for the provision of Earth Observation data services to users, based on big data technologies and architectures, including cloud-offered computing resources, applications and hosted processing capabilities (Data as a Service, DaaS). These services include data discovery components, online data download and data tailoring services as well as an OGC based data visualisation service. The Online Data Services Coordinator will coordinate the testing, rollout and running of these new services and drive the evolving service delivery to users.
- Coordinate the service operation and validation of service releases working with internal teams and external service providers, including Data Management aspects
- Develop a release management processes applicable for the new data service with the stakeholders involved in the Software application development;
- Maintain the overall release plan and release coordination for the online data services;
- Ensure the necessary service support to users, including related user enquiry handling, service status and news information and the provision of service training material.
- Define and control adequate performance and availability related SLAs for the various online services;
- Analyse user needs from available user feedback and coordinate user requirements reviews for the online services;
- Ensure regular and consistent reports on service status and user engagement.
What EUMETSAT offers
- Excellent salary, of up to Euro 6,500 / month NET (after tax) based on skills and experience
- Flexible working time including additional flexi-leave
- Full medical coverage for employee and family
- Attractive pension
- 30 days of annual leave + 14.5 days public holidays
- Training and development support
- Relocation allowance and support (if applicable)
A University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent relevant experience gained in a Data Services Engineering role, preferably working with cloud based IT services in an operational and user oriented environment.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in Service Delivery Management and/or Project Management in an operational Remote Sensing, IT or Engineering environment, ideally
- coordinating various service delivery units;
- involved in Service Monitoring, Reporting and SLA Management;
- Knowledge of software system development, verification and validation;
- Excellent organisational, communication and presentation skills, pro-active attitude and the ability to work autonomously with a minimum of supervision under high workloads.
Experience of the following would be an advantage:
- Experience in working with Earth Observation data and formats;
- Cloud native application environment know how;
- Experience in the use of API’s, Python and / or Jupiter Notebook;
- ITIL certified.
Visit the EUMETSAT website for more information and how to apply