EUMETSAT – MTG System Verification Team Leader (Re-issue)
EUMETSAT, Darmstadt, Germany
Closing date: 26 August 2019
Within the Integration Verification and Validation (IV&V) team undertaking system level integration, verification and validation activities of the end-to-end Meteosat Third Generation system, the MTG System Verification Team Leader will be in charge of the verification engineering activities in close coordination with the Instrument Functional Chain Teams, the Operations Preparation team and the ground segment and system development teams.
- Lead of the Verification Engineering Team and act as technical officer for the I&V engineering support service contract;
- Lead and coordinate the preparation of the system integration and verification plan;
- Implement and manage the following Integration and Verification engineering activities:
- Generate the test specifications;
- Ensure availability and readiness of Integration and Verification Test tools and test data;
- Ensure the test procedures are produced in line with the test specifications;
- Support Test Readiness Reviews, Test Review Boards, Anomaly Review and Verification Control Boards;
- Follow-up the test execution on the platforms and analyse test results in coordination with the relevant experts;
- Support the traceability and provide verification records, as part of the verification control activity.
- A University degree in a relevant discipline, i.e. computer science, or equivalent
- Candidates must be able to work effectively in English and have some knowledge of French.
Skills and experience
- Substantial experience in system integration and verification of end to end Earth observation satellite systems, including test preparation and execution and use of simulators or tools to generate test data;
- Experience in data processing for an Earth Observation satellite system;
- Experience in spacecraft commanding and control;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in leading small teams of engineers.
The initial contract will be of 4 years’ duration, with subsequent 5-year contracts being awarded thereafter, subject to individual performance and organisation requirements. There is no limit to the amount of follow-up contracts a staff member can receive up to the EUMETSAT retirement age of 63 and there are certainly opportunities to establish a long career perspective at EUMETSAT.
This post is graded A2/A4 on the EUMETSAT salary scales. The minimum basic salary for this post is EURO 5,612 per month (net of internal tax) which may be negotiable based on skills and experience. The salary scale provides for increments on the anniversary of taking up employment, and scales are reviewed by the EUMETSAT Council with effect from 1 January each year. In addition to basic salary, EUMETSAT offers attractive benefits. Further information, including salary details, is available on the EUMETSAT website.
EUMETSAT is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment for men and women.
Please note that only nationals of EUMETSAT Member States may apply. The EUMETSAT Convention requires that Staff shall be recruited based on their qualifications, account being taken of the international character of EUMETSAT.
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency. Its role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation’s Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide.
EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom).
Closing date 26th August 2019