EUMETSAT – Data processing engineer
EUMETSAT, Darmstadt, Germany
Closing date: 19 December 2019
EUMETSAT is currently looking for an experienced Data Processing Engineer, from any Big Data Technology environment, to join our international team of young and inspiring engineers and industry professionals, tasked with driving innovation within the Space, Satellite and Earth Observation sector.
What you’ll be doing
The Data Processing Engineer will support the design, development, verification and validation of EUMETSAT’s cloud-based Data Processing Systems and support their maintenance and evolutions during operations.
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of EUMETSAT data processing services based on cloud technologies and solutions, including the services supported by the EUMETSAT Product Customisation Toolbox;
- Define and maintain service requirements / system requirements and specifications for the development and upgrade of cloud-based Data Processing applications and systems.
- Contribute and follow-up the related cloud-based developments/procurements and their Integration and Verification & Validation (IV&V) testing inside full scale Data Processing Systems;
- Contribute to the definition and planning of the transition into operations of the related EUMETSAT data processing services, and their underlining systems, mainly based on cloud technologies and solutions;
- Support the Data Processing Systems and Applications Manager in defining Big Data related long term plans and roadmaps to harmonise engineering, maintenance and evolutions of Data Processing Systems across all satellite systems exploited by EUMETSAT.
What EUMETSAT offers
- Excellent salary, of up to Euro 6,500 NET (after tax) monthly based on skills and experience
- Flexible working time including additional flexi-leave
- Full medical coverage for employee and family
- Attractive pension
- 30 days of annual leave + 14.5 days public holidays
- Training and development support
- Relocation allowance and support (if applicable)
A University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent relevant experience gained in a Data Processing Engineering role, preferably working with cloud-based IT services in an operational and user oriented environment.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in engineering of Data Processing systems following well established processes and aligned to relevant technical standards (e.g. ECSS, CCSDS, OGC), covering the full development lifecycle;
- Proven experience in Big Data Technologies, mainly in the frame of distributing processing, cloud processing and parallel coding
- Demonstrable knowledge of software development lifecycles and change control processes;
- Competence in the area of Data Processing Systems Verification & Validation (V&V) activities, including automated testing, software testing, unit test suite maintenance, software debugging and profiling;
Visit the EUMETSAT website for more information and how to apply