ECMWF – Payroll Manager
ECMWF, Shinfield Park, Reading, UK
Closing date: 15 September 2019
The Payroll Manager will be responsible for managing the ECMWF payrolls for both active staff (approximately 380+) and ECMWF pensioners (approximately 125+). S/he will work closely with other members of the HR team to ensure that all payroll-related activities are performed efficiently and reliably, via the recently implemented Unit4 Business World (Agresso) Enterprise Resource Planning system.
The Payroll Manager will also lead a study to assess the feasibility of outsourcing part or all of ECMWF’s UK and Euro payrolls and will lead the implementation of the recommendations of the study.
Main duties and key responsibilities
- Managing and accountable for the calculation of the payrolls for all active staff, including payments and deductions, and supervising the management of the Centre’s pensioner payroll
- Responding to payroll queries and providing ad hoc advice to staff relating to entitlements and allowances, in accordance with the ECMWF Staff Regulations
- Preparing year end statistics for IPSAS – leave carry forward balances including Home Leave, Senior management costs and preparing year-end payroll related accruals i.e. overtime, mission travel, contractor and agency staff costs
- Raising purchase orders and processing payments for allowances for new joiners or leavers relating to allowances such as: installation allowance, travel expenses, leaving allowance, leave not taken payments
- Liaising with staff on household removal matters, upon arrival and departure and acting as the focal point
- Managing home leave entitlement and advising staff accordingly
- Providing expertise and input towards an outsourcing feasibility study for the Centre’s active staff and pensioner payrolls
- Supporting the implementation of the recommendations of the outsourcing study
The successful candidate will be recruited at the A2 grade, according to the scales of the Co-ordinated Organisations and the annual basic salary will be £59,228.40 NET of tax. The Centre also offers a generous benefits package. This position is assigned to the employment category STF-C as defined in the Staff Regulations.
Full details of salary scales and allowances are available on the ECMWF website at www.ecmwf.int/en/about/jobs, including the Centre’s Staff Regulations regarding the terms and conditions of employment.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Length of contract: Initially three years, with the possibility of a further contract.