ECMWF – HR Business Partner – Learning & Development Expert
ECMWF, Shinfield Park, Reading, UK
Closing date: 15 September 2019
ECMWF is moving to a business-partnering HR model. Key to the success of this model are strong HR professionals who work very closely with the line managers within the organisation to support them on day-to-day and more strategic people issues.
The HR Business Partner will act as first point of contact and trusted advisor to a defined set of client groups within the organisation. S/he will work closely with directors and line managers to assist them in key areas such as people challenges, talent recruitment, staff development, employee relations issues and staff engagement.
In addition to the HR business partnering function, this position will act as the focal point for all aspects of staff learning and development (L&D) for the entire organisation. S/he will be responsible for preparing the training needs analyses, establishing the training policy, preparing annual training plans, evaluating training and managing the annual L&D budget as well as liaising with external training providers. This position will also be the performance management lead and will be responsible for coordinating the performance management cycle.
Main duties and key responsibilities
- Acting as an expert and process owner for staff training, learning & development, performance management and employee engagement
- Conducting learning needs analyses drawing on the output from annual performance reviews and development planning exercises, to establish the annual training plan and manage the annual training budget
- Maintaining contact with a range of external training providers
- Acting as process owner for the annual performance management process, including managing related training requirements and system requirements
- Providing HR advice, guidance and direction concerning all HR related subjects to a defined client group
- Working closely with and advising line managers on complex HR issues including staff development, engagement, employee relations and performance management
- Acting a as trusted partner to support a client group in identifying people challenges, recruiting talent, workforce planning, developing staff and enhancing staff engagement
- Staying abreast of changes in learning & development best practices and important HR issues which could impact the organisation and bringing this knowledge into the organisation
- Contributing to projects as required
The successful candidate will be recruited at the A2 grade, according to the scales of the Co-ordinated Organisations and the annual basic salary will be £59,228.40 NET of tax. The Centre offers a generous suite of benefits. This position is assigned to the employment category STF- PL as defined in the Staff Regulations.
Full details of salary scales and allowances are available on the ECMWF website at www.ecmwf.int/en/about/jobs, including the Centre’s Staff Regulations regarding the terms and conditions of employment.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Length of contract: Four years. However, the continuation of the contract beyond December 2020 will be subject to the signing of the next Copernicus delegation agreement with the European Commission and the availability of associated funding.