ECMWF: HR Policy Manager
ECMWF, Shinfield Park, UK
Closing date: 29 November 2020
ECMWF is currently undergoing a major organisational change as it transforms into a multi-site organisation. This move will necessitate fundamental changes to our HR policies and benefit schemes. We have created this role to ensure the Centre has access to the necessary expertise to reshape existing HR policies and to develop new policies and benefits, whilst providing high quality advice to management and staff.
The HR Policy Manager role sits within the Human Resources Section and reports to the Head of HR. As an HR professional, they will bring deep expertise to the role and will work closely with the Head of HR in the development of new policies and evolution of existing regulations. They will be the focal point for all matters relating to benefits, including pensions.
This will entail representing ECMWF in meetings of the Coordinated Organisations as well as being a member of the Pension Advisory Committee of the Coordinated Organisations. This position will also be the contact point for various benefit schemes.
This role offers a great opportunity to shape ECMWF policies to attract and retain world-class talent. It would suit an analytical individual who is keen to establish collaborative working relationships with other organisations and who is able to bridge strategic policy development and practical application.
ECMWF is currently in the process of selecting a new Facility, and the result could be the establishment of an additional duty station in the EU. The selection process is due to conclude in mid-December 2020. This role could be based at ECMWF’s HQ in Reading, UK, or it could be based at the new duty station. More details will be provided as the selection process for this role evolves.
Main duties and key responsibilities
- Acting as policy expert and process owner for all benefits related to all ECMWF sites, liaising with third party providers and with the HR team to ensure existing benefit schemes are administered effectively and new ones are implemented well.
- Leading studies, including the development and implementation of new HR policies, including close coordination with the ERP Solution Architect to ensure efficient administration of policies in the ERP system. Staying abreast of best practice and important issues relating to benefits which could impact the organisation.
- Representing ECMWF’s interests in Coordination and Pension Advisory Committee meetings to ensure ECMWF has active input into the development of Coordinated policies. This involves reviewing Coordination proposals, briefing ECMWF’s senior leadership team and making recommendations for ECMWF’s position as well as liaising with other international organisations on policy best practice.
- Managing the tender process for third party benefit providers and any ongoing contract management thereafter.
- Deputising for the Head of HR as required.
- Providing expert policy advice as well as guidance and direction on policy application to line managers in the organisation.
- Contributing to a range of projects.
The successful candidate will be recruited at the A3 grade, according to the scales of the Co-ordinated Organisations and the annual basic salary will be £74,764.08 net of tax. The Centre offers a generous suite of benefits. This position is assigned to the employment category STF-C as defined in the Staff Regulations.
Full details of salary scales and allowances are available on the ECMWF website at www.ecmwf.int/en/about/jobs, including the Centre’s Staff Regulations regarding the terms and conditions of employment.
Starting date: 1 January 2021, or as soon as possible thereafter.
Length of contract: Four years. with the possibility of a further contract.