ECMWF – HR Business Partner
ECMWF, Shinfield Park, Reading, UK
Closing date: 29 October 2021
ECMWF is undergoing significant change, and this is a particularly exciting time to join the Centre. ECMWF has opened a new duty station in Bonn, Germany, and a new datacentre in Bologna, Italy, in August 2021. ECMWF has become a multi-site organisation and has adopted a hybrid organisation model which allows staff to mix office working and teleworking.
Key to the success of the organisation are strong HR professionals who work very closely with the line organisation to support them on day-to-day and more strategic people issues, as well as a central HR operations team that ensures that core HR processes are executed efficiently and reliably and aligned with the “One ECMWF” culture which is at the heart of the organisation.
The HR Business Partner will act as first point of contact and trusted advisor to the ECMWF team in the Reading, UK, duty station. They will work closely with line managers in their client group to identify people challenges, support the recruitment of talent, develop staff, address any employee relations issues and enhance staff engagement. The HR Business Partner will be an integral part of the ECMWF HR team and will work closely with the HR team in Reading, UK, and Bonn, Germany and Bologna, Italy.
Main duties and key responsibilities
- Advising, coaching and supporting the development of line managers around HR policies and processes to enable teams and individuals to be most effective in their roles
- Acting as trusted partner to support line managers in addressing people challenges, recruiting talent, workforce planning, developing staff and enhancing staff engagement
- Advising on complex HR issues including recruitment, development, engagement, employee relations and performance management
- Developing pragmatic solutions by interpreting policies and mitigating risks
- Championing diversity and inclusion, coaching and challenging staff to increase diversity through recruitment and capitalise on diversity through inclusion
- Working closely with the rest of the HR team in Reading, Bonn and Bologna to role-model the “One ECMWF” culture and virtual team working, and ensure connectivity across duty stations
- Liaising with local and host country authorities as required
- Contributing to a range of projects as required
The successful candidate will be recruited at the A2 grade, according to the scales of the Co-ordinated Organisations and the annual basic salary will be £62,166.00 net of tax. ECMWF offers an attractive range of allowances and working conditions. This position is assigned to the employment category STF-C as defined in the Staff Regulations.
Full details of salary scales and allowances are available on the ECMWF website at www.ecmwf.int/en/about/jobs, including the Centre’s Staff Regulations regarding the terms and conditions of employment.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Length of contract: Four years, with the possibility of a further contract.
Successful applicants and members of their family forming part of their households will be exempt from immigration restrictions.