ECMWF – HR Associate
ECMWF, Shinfield Park, Reading, UK
Closing date: 15 September 2019
ECMWF is moving to a business-partnering HR model. Key to the success of this model are strong HR professionals who work very closely with the line organisation to support them on day-to-day and more strategic people issues, as well as a central HR coordination team that ensures that core HR processes are executed efficiently and reliably.
The HR Associate will work closely with the HR Business Partner they are tagged to in supporting a defined set of client groups within the organisation. S/he will act as first point of contact for routine staff questions on working conditions, contractual and any employment-related matters. S/he will also be responsible for the provision of all aspects of HR administration, administration of the end-to-end recruitment process, maintenance and organisation of staff records, files and data on the Enterprise Resource Planning platform (ERP).
Main duties and key responsibilities
- Carrying out data input to the ERP, including payroll input, in close cooperation with the Payroll Manager, and ensuring data integrity
- Acting as first point of contact for routine staff questions on employment conditions, the ECMWF staff regulations and procedures, contractual matters, entitlements, benefits, escalating issues when necessary
- Preparing statutory correspondence and letters to staff
- Coordinating contractual changes requested by departments
- Providing support for the recruitment process involving the processing and monitoring of applications received via the ECMWF jobs portal, arranging interviews and all associated tasks
- Supporting the offer management process by liaising with successful candidates on all matters relating to their appointment prior to their commencement of employment
- Preparing employment offers, contracts of employment and related documents
- Coordinating the onboarding and induction process for newly recruited staff
- Assisting staff with all applications relating to diplomatic car registrations, driving permits and visa applications
- Liaising with DVLA and UK authorities such as FCO, HMRC, Inland Revenues as required
- Monitoring sick leave and absences records
- Monitoring HR administration processes, proposing changes and enhancements as required to ensure they remain efficient and reliable
- Contributing to HR projects as required
The successful candidate will be recruited at the B4 grade, according to the scales of the Co-ordinated Organisations and the annual basic salary will be £42,613.80 NET of tax. The Centre offers a generous suite of benefits. This position is assigned to the employment category STF-C as defined in the Staff Regulations.
Full details of salary scales and allowances are available on the ECMWF website at www.ecmwf.int/en/about/jobs, including the Centre’s Staff Regulations regarding the terms and conditions of employment.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Length of contract: Four years, with the possibility of a further contract.