ECMWF – Head of User Support Services
ECMWF, Bonn, Germany
Closing date: 1 February 2021
The post holder will be part of ECMWF’s Senior Management Team and will be responsible for co-ordinating and/or delivering strategic crosscutting, inter-dependent projects and programmes in an operational environment, which will involve close collaboration and frequent interaction with a variety of internal and external users and partner organisations. They will play an important role in linking and integrating user support related activities across departments distributed across multiple ECMWF locations to provide a consistent user experience throughout the organisation.
The role involves close collaboration with ECMWF’s Service Delivery Section in the Computing Department and its Service Desk Team. The Service Desk is responsible for managing of support tickets and providing first level support for all activities of ECMWF and providing IT support with a focus on end-user devices, business software and AV equipment.
The role calls for an individual who will encourage and nurture continuous innovation and improvement by leading, and providing expertise, to ensure that user support services meet the pre-agreed service level agreements and future strategic requirements. They will also represent ECMWF in international meetings in their areas of expertise.
The successful candidate will also lead three teams within the section
Main duties and key responsibilities
- Leading the provision of effective, high quality and reliable user support services and training/outreach activities to Member and Co-operating States and other users in line with ECMWF’s strategy
- Managing the evolution and continuous improvement of ECMWF’s user support service experience
- Leading and managing the User Support Services Section and its team leaders by providing leadership, coaching and support
- Planning, organising and managing the resources of the section, and complementing these when appropriate by attracting funds from externally funded projects
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key internal staff from across all departments at ECMWF
- Co-ordination with Copernicus User Engagement and Uptake activities
- Providing insight and recommendations to the ECMWF Leadership Team and governing bodies
- Supporting the Director of Forecasts and Director of Copernicus Services in the delivery of ECMWF’s strategy, in relation to user support services and contributing to future strategic plans
- Acting as budget holder, which will involve budgetary planning, control and managing the resource plan for the section within the budgetary constraints
The successful candidate will be recruited at the A4 grade, according to the scales of the Co-ordinated Organisations and the annual salary will be EUR 107,790.12 net of tax. ECMWF also offers a generous benefits package. This position is assigned to the employment category STF-C as defined in the Staff Regulations.
Full details of salary scales and allowances are available on the ECMWF website at www.ecmwf.int/en/about/jobs, including the Centre’s Staff Regulations regarding the terms and conditions of employment.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Length of contract: Four years, with the possibility of a further contract.