ECMWF – Graduate Contract Management Business Analyst – Copernicus
ECMWF, Shinfield Park, Reading, UK
Closing date: 18 March 2019
Summary of the role
This new position for a Graduate Contract Management Business Analyst for a period of 12 months sits in the Contract Management Section of ECMWF’s Copernicus Services Department.
The Graduate Contract Management Business Analyst will support the Head of the Contract Management Section in creating and implementing solutions together with input from the team of Contract Management Officers and other colleagues from within the Administration Department, who are responsible for procurement, legal and financial aspects. Furthermore, s/he will provide support in the negotiations and management of a small portfolio of selected C3S and CAMS contracts. This unique opportunity will provide essential insight and hands-on experience of contract management workflows and processes within an international organisation with a world-leading reputation, as well as gaining substantial knowledge in dealing with a variety of European contractors.
The position would suit an individual with excellent analytical skills, with the ability to create and formulate solutions. S/he must have excellent written and verbal communication skills together with a strong desire to develop his/her professional skills and embrace software technology in a business management context.
Main duties and key responsibilities
- Gaining in-depth knowledge of specific Copernicus contract management workflows, procedures and reporting requirements
- Analysing findings and assessing potential solutions based on a market analysis and interactions with senior management and peer contract management officers
- Making suggestions for the implementation of a contract management software tool and eventual changes in the workflows and processes, considering opportunities and potential risks attached to suggestions made
- Supporting the procurement process of a contract management software tool
- Supporting the implementation of the selected contract management software tool and other changes in the contract management workflow
- Producing written documentation and producing internal and external guidance documents
- Supporting the Contract Management Officers in the negotiation process for competitive procurements of C3S and CAMS bids, including following-up on contractual milestones and deliverables, implementation of the contract performance verification process and linked payments
The successful candidate will be recruited at the A1 grade, according to the scales of the Co-ordinated Organisations and the annual basic salary will be £46,353.96 net of tax. This position is assigned to the employment category STF-PS as defined in the Staff Regulations.
Full details of salary scales and allowances are available on the ECMWF website at www.ecmwf.int/en/about/jobs, including the Centre’s Staff Regulations regarding the terms and conditions of employment.
Starting date: As soon as possible but not later than Summer 2019.
Length of contract: One-year non-renewable fixed term contract.