ECMWF – Enterprise IT Support Analyst
ECMWF, Shinfield Park, Reading, UK
Closing date: 31 August 2021
The Enterprise Support Analyst will participate in designing, implementing, administering, and troubleshooting solutions that aim to provide users with the best desktop experience. they will also contribute to the design and support of the various hardware, software, physical and virtual components that ultimately offer services to users.
Main duties and key responsibilities
- Developing solutions for the next-generation desktops running Windows, macOS, and Linux, including virtualization technologies and remote/cloud management
- Providing third-line support to end-user enterprise applications, including desktop operating systems, office productivity suites, business information systems, desktop virtualization, mobile device management technologies, and security tools
- Managing Windows services, applications and infrastructure using Microsoft Windows servers
- Managing Apple services and applications using Microsoft MDM
- Troubleshooting and fixing problems with Windows, macOS, and Linux-based systems
- Preparing the automated roll-out of regular patches and updates to servers and desktops
- Evaluating new products, features and upgrades
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Drafting internal guides and technical documents
- Supporting the team leader in defining strategies, planning activities and procuring services and infrastructure
- Providing general day-to-day support for the services provided by the team, including, on a regular basis, 24-hour on-call support for the mission-critical services
The successful candidate will be recruited at the A2 grade, according to the scales of the Co-ordinated Organisations and the annual basic salary will be £62,166.00 net of tax. This position is assigned to the employment category STF-PL as defined in the Staff Regulations.
Full details of salary scales and allowances are available on the ECMWF website at www.ecmwf.int/en/about/jobs, including the Centre’s Staff Regulations regarding the terms and conditions of employment.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Length of contract: The total contract duration is expected to be four years (with the possibility of further extension). However, please note that the DestinE Contribution Agreement is likely to be divided in phases, the first of which will last for two and a half years. The Centre is therefore required to contract initially for the same period. Extensions to complete the four-year period (which could be subsequently extended even further) will be offered to the successful candidate as soon as funding beyond the initial phase is confirmed.
Successful applicants and members of their family forming part of their households will be exempt from immigration restrictions.