ECMWF – Cyber Security Analyst
ECMWF, Shinfield Park, Reading, UK
Closing date: 31 August 2021
The Cyber Security Analyst will be responsible for operational security policy matters related to Information Technology security within ECMWF. They will report to the Networks and Security Team Leader and coordinate the implementation of agreed controls across the organisation to reduce information and IT risks and ensure information assets and technologies are adequately protected.
Main duties and key responsibilities
- Configuring and managing network security systems, including firewalls and intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Designing new security systems or upgrading existing ones
- Protecting digital information assets and information systems against unauthorised access, modification or destruction
- Monitoring and reporting on established Information Security controls
- Cooperating with Information Security representatives in all departments and at all levels of the organisation
- Coordinating regular meetings with InfoSec experts of ECMWF’s Member and Cooperating States
- Executing regular Information Security audits together with independent external auditors
- Coordinating IT investigations, security incident response, digital forensics and electronic discovery
- Undertaking operational risk assessments to cover changes in the environment
- Providing technical advice and policy knowledge in the area of Information Security
- Recommending solutions to improve IT infrastructure security
- Increasing awareness of Information Security within ECMWF, including training and communication
- Delivering the information security framework in line with ECMWF’s policies, industry best practice and associated industry standards
- Providing general day-to-day support for the services provided by the team, including, on a regular basis, 24-hour on-call support for the mission-critical services
The successful candidate will be recruited at the A2 grade, according to the scales of the Co-ordinated Organisations and the annual basic salary will be £62,166.00 net of tax. This position is assigned to the employment category STF-PL as defined in the Staff Regulations.
Full details of salary scales and allowances are available on the ECMWF website at www.ecmwf.int/en/about/jobs, including the Centre’s Staff Regulations regarding the terms and conditions of employment.
Starting date: 1 November 2021, or as soon as possible thereafter.
Length of contract: The total contract duration is expected to be four years (with the possibility of further extension). However, please note that the DestinE Contribution Agreement is likely to be divided in phases, the first of which will last for two and a half years. The Centre is therefore required to contract initially for the same period. Extensions to complete the four-year period (which could be subsequently extended even further) will be offered to the successful candidate as soon as funding beyond the initial phase is confirmed.
Successful applicants and members of their family forming part of their households will be exempt from immigration restrictions.