ECMWF – Cyber Security Analyst
ECMWF, Shinfield Park, Reading, UK
Closing date: 29 January 2020
The Cyber Security Analyst is responsible for the operational security matters related to Information Technology security within ECMWF. The successful candidate will report to the Networks and Security Team Leader and coordinate the implementation of agreed controls across the organisation to reduce information and IT risks and ensure information assets and technologies are adequately protected.
Main duties and key responsibilities
Candidates will have the expertise and in-depth knowledge to adopt and develop standards and new techniques for Information Security (InfoSec), working with internal and external stakeholders to introduce these into operations.
- Designing new security systems or upgrading existing ones
- Providing technical advice and drafting policies in the area of Information Security
- Configuring and managing network security systems, including firewalls and intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Protecting digital information assets and information systems against unauthorised access, modification or destruction
- Monitoring and reporting on established Information Security controls
- Cooperating with Information Security representatives in all departments and at all levels of the organisation
- Coordinating regular meetings with InfoSec experts from ECMWF’s Member and Cooperating States
- Executing regular Information Security audits together with independent external auditors
- Coordinating IT investigations, security incident response, digital forensics and electronic discovery
- Undertaking operational risk assessments to cover changes in the environment
- Recommending solutions to improve IT infrastructure security
- Increasing awareness of Information Security within ECMWF, including training and communication
- Representing the organisation in conferences and working groups, when required
- Delivering the information security framework in line with ECMWF’s policies, industry best practice and associated industry standards, including ISO27000 series of standards
The successful candidate will be recruited at the A2 grade, according to the scales of the Coordinated Organisations and the annual basic salary will be £60,590.64 net of tax. This position is assigned to the employment category STF-C as defined in the Staff Regulations.
Full details of salary scales and allowances are available on the ECMWF website at www.ecmwf.int/en/about/jobs, including the Centre’s Staff Regulations regarding the terms and conditions of employment.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Length of contract: Four years, with the possibility of a further contract.