ECMWF – Contract Management Officer
ECMWF, Shinfield Park, Reading, UK
Closing date: 02 April 2019
Summary of the role
The position is in the Contract Management Section of ECMWF’s Copernicus Services Department.
ECMWF is issuing competitive calls to procure most elements of the Copernicus Atmosphere Monitoring Service (CAMS) and the Copernicus Climate Change Service (C3S) operational services.
The Copernicus Contract Management Section is responsible for both the negotiations of new contracts and to ensure compliance with the contractual arrangements of signed contracts. The Section is managing +100 active service contracts focusing on data and information services delivery, studies and use cases, IT development services and communication and training activities. Contracts involve private and public entities from most of the EU and ECMWF Member States.
In this role, the Contract Management Officer will work closely with the Head of the Contract Management Section as well as with other members of the team. He or she will be in daily contact with the contractors and throughout the contract negotiation and implementation process, the successful candidate will collaborate with technical and scientific colleagues responsible for tracking the technical implementation of the contracts. For procurement, legal and financial aspects, the Contract Management Officer will work closely with colleagues in the Administration Department of ECMWF.
Main duties and key responsibilities
- Ensuring the timely implementation of the Contract Performance Verification process and linked payments for a set of contracts
- Ensuring the day-to-day communication and providing guidance to contractors, in liaison with the C3S and CAMS technical contract leads
- Managing the follow-up of contractual milestones and deliverables and implementing corrective measures where needed
- Co-ordinating the definition of Service Contracts within signed Framework Agreements
- Co-ordinating and contributing to progress review meetings with contractors and preparing written reports and presentations
- Contributing to the evaluation and negotiation process for competitive procurements of C3S and CAMS bids, in collaboration with ECMWF’s Procurement Section
- Contributing to internal and external audits
The successful candidate will be recruited at the A2 grade, according to the scales of the Co-ordinated Organisations and the annual basic salary will be £59,228.40 net of tax. This position is assigned to the employment category STF-PL as defined in the Staff Regulations.
Full details of salary scales and allowances are available on the ECMWF website at www.ecmwf.int/en/about/jobs, including the Centre’s Staff Regulations regarding the terms and conditions of employment.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Length of contract: To 30 September 2021, with the possibility of renewal depending on the funding of the next phase of the Copernicus programme (2021-2027).