ECMWF – Communications Manager & Team Leader
ECMWF, Shinfield Park, Reading, UK
Closing date: 19 March 2020
The overarching purpose of this role is to support the Head of Communications in her functions. The post-holder will therefore be expected to be at ease with all elements of the ECMWF communication mix, with demonstrable expertise in at least two of them. The role will line manage the ECMWF communications team, except for the Events Manager. The role will also include some budget management and cost tracking. One of the key traits we are looking for in candidates for this hands-on position is the ability to quickly grasp the whys and wherefores of a changing situation, with the ability to think on their feet and come up with creative yet relevant and appropriate solutions.
Main duties and key responsibilities
- Supporting the Head of Communications in her functions as required
- Managing the ECMWF Communications Team workload and line-managing its staff
- Drafting work plans for the team, monitoring and reporting on progress
- Applying the concept of consistent and coherent messaging to all the Section’s outputs, whilst also ensuring that the rest of the organisation’s activities and outputs display the same consistency.
- Supporting the Communication network gathering representatives of the national meteorological services of the Member States.
- Ensuring that the outputs are easily accessible to those who may need them – ECMWF staff, members of the team, and partners around the globe.
- Supporting our PR and outreach efforts through the organisation of events, publications and media activities, as well as the through the live-streaming of the key workshops and seminars
- Contributing to internal communication outputs, e.g. Weekly editorials
Recruitment at the A3 level may be considered for candidates with clearly demonstrated experience at senior level.
The successful candidate will be recruited at either the A2 or the A3 grade, according to the scales of the Co-ordinated Organisations.
The position is assigned to the employment category STF-C as defined in the Staff Regulations.
For the A2 grade, the minimum annual basic salary will be £60,590.64 net of tax.
For the A3 grade, the minimum annual basic salary will be £74,764.08 net of tax.
Full details of salary scales and allowances are available on the ECMWF website at www.ecmwf.int/en/about/jobs, including the Centre’s Staff Regulations regarding the terms and conditions of employment.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Length of contract: Four years, with the possibility of a further contract.