ECMWF – Communications Account Officer
ECMWF, Shinfield Park, Reading, UK
Closing date: 20 March 2019
Summary of the role
The role sits in the Copernicus Communications Team within Copernicus Services at ECMWF and reports to the Copernicus Communication Lead.
As the Communications Account Officer, you will be responsible for managing the large profile of Copernicus communication outsourced contracts for events, press and public outreach activities, in close collaboration with both the Copernicus Contract Management Section and the ECMWF Procurement Team. You will contribute to the development of the Copernicus ECMWF communication strategy and promotional campaigns and coordinate the network of communication relays of the CAMS and C3S providers and suppliers across Europe.
This role will involve:
- Serving as the key point of contact for ECMWF’s Copernicus communication outsourced contractors, working closely with other members of the Copernicus ECMWF communication team, the Copernicus contract management section and the ECMWF procurement team.
- Serving as the key point of contact for C3S and CAMS Communications Network. This will involve coordination of communications activities across a European-wide network of providers and suppliers.
- Supporting Copernicus Communications Lead to develop and implement the communication strategies, annual communications plans and budgets.
- Developing and monitoring Copernicus communications forward planning to ensure adequate performance delivery, on time and on budget, of all communication outsourced contractors’ activities.
The post holder will work closely across ECMWF’s Copernicus teams and will be able to see the bigger picture to ensure that relevant information and messages relating to Copernicus Services are effectively fed into campaigns, implementation plans and the overall strategy.
In addition, he or she will regularly undertake activities to engage and build trust with internal and external stakeholders.
The post holder will have experience in communications solutions and have the ability to provide an effective key messaging tailored to the different Copernicus services audiences.
To be successful in this role, the Communications Account Officer will have excellent communication skills, exemplary writing ability and an individual with a proactive approach, with a willingness to drive the communications strategy forward. Excellent attention to detail, creativity and flexibility are also essential in this role.
This role will involve occasional travel, mostly within Europe.
Main duties and key responsibilities
- Liaising with communication outsourced contractors ensuring objectives, tasks, budgets and timelines are met
- Monitoring and reporting the progress of communication outsourced contractors’ actions as required
- Liaising with Copernicus Contract Management and Procurements teams on all issues related to contractual aspects
- Playing a key role in business planning by supporting and advising Copernicus Communications Lead on external communication contracts strategy and annual plans
- Managing the ECMWF Copernicus communications network, leading and coordinating communications activities across a European-wide network of CAMS and C3S providers and suppliers
- Monitoring and evaluating tasks and processes (both internal and those set up by external contractors) to ensure effectiveness of communications channels and campaigns
- Contributing to the development of Copernicus communication initiatives as required
- Liaising with other Copernicus and ECMWF teams and with communication outsourced contractors on all aspects of major communication campaigns from design, development and planning to execution, effectively serving as a campaigns coordinator
- Monitoring and analysing the success of communication campaigns to determine and help shape future decisions
- Acting as deputy for the management and functioning of the Copernicus ECMWF Communication Team as required
The successful candidate will be recruited at either the A2 grade, according to the scales of the Co-ordinated Organisations and the annual basic salary will be £59,228.40 net of tax. This position is assigned to the employment category STF-PL as defined in the Staff Regulations.
Full details of salary scales and allowances are available on the ECMWF website at www.ecmwf.int/en/about/jobs, including the Centre’s Staff Regulations regarding the terms and conditions of employment.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Length of contract: To 30 September 2021, with the possibility of renewal depending on the funding of the next phase of the Copernicus programme (2021-2027).