EUMETSAT – Contracts Officer
EUMETSAT, Darmstadt, Germany
Closing date: 13 April 2020
The Contracts Division provides contractual and commercial expertise across the organisation, contributing to ensuring that procurements are timely, well managed and follow the EUMETSAT financial and procurement rules, procedures and best practices.
As part of an interdisciplinary team, the Contracts Officer will be responsible for the procurement process, preparation, negotiation and post contract award management of contracts, for the development of satellite and ground segment hardware and software systems and the provision of technical services.
- Lead, from a contract perspective, procurements of ground segment hardware and software systems, and related development support services, including:
- Preparation and evaluation of tender documentation, in coordination with a multidisciplinary team of specialists.
- Negotiation of contracts in coordination as part of a multidisciplinary negotiation team.
- Management of signed contracts with the designated technical officer, including escalation of critical issues to management, as necessary.
- Advise technical divisions on procurement matters and the procurement procedures.
- Preparation, negotiation and management of contractual aspects of cooperation agreements with ESA and other development partners.
- Participate in and provide EUMETSAT’s contractual inputs to ESA-led procurements of satellites and on-board instruments, and related support services.
- Ensuring compliance with EUMETSAT contractual and financial procedures.
What EUMETSAT offers
- Excellent salary, of up to Euro 8,000 / month NET (after tax) based on skills and experience
- Flexible working time including additional flexi-leave
- Full medical coverage for employee and family
- Attractive pension
- 30 days of annual leave + 14.5 days public holidays
- Training and development support
- Relocation allowance and support (if applicable)
- University degree or equivalent in law, economics or business studies.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience preferably in the preparation, negotiation and post contract award management of development and service contracts in the areas of satellite, ground segment facilities, aerospace or high technology products.
- Ability to understand complex technical issues and convert these into clear documents on procurement matters and contractual text.
- Proven negotiation skills in the context of contractual content and financial matters.
- Experience in the use of Enterprise Resource Planning and Document Management tools is desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team.
- Well-balanced interpersonal and communication skills, combined with a strong customer focus, while also ensuring compliance with the procurement procedures.
Visit the EUMETSAT website for more information and how to apply