Magyar Meteorológiai Társaság
Number of members: 420
President: Zoltán Dunkel
Purpose & objectives:
The basic object of MMT is the study of meteorology improving the general education, disseminating meteorological knowledge, the environmental mentality and new scientific results.
The MMT is organized in seven professional divisions (Agro- and Biometeorology; Atmospheric Dynamics; Atmospheric Environment; Aviation Meteorology; Climatology; Solar- and Wind Energy; Róna Zsigmond Youth Club) and five local section (Szombathely, Pécs, Szeged, Debrecen, Nyíregyháza).
- Organization Lecture Meetings, Workshops, and Conferences.
- Organization of Bi-annual Meeting of the MMT.
- Celebration of the World Meteorological Day (co-organizing with OMSZ – Hungarian Meteorological Service).
- Organization of the Hungarian Meteorological Scientific Days (co-organizing with OMSZ).
- The publication “LÉGKÖR” is distributed to members.
- Collaboration with the Department of Meteorology of the University of Debrecen on organizing triannual conference “Forest and Climate”.
- Organization of the “Grape and Climate” Conference.
- Founding member of the “Community of Earth Sciences Civil Organizations” in Hungary.
- Thomas Foken and Pavol Nejedlík have recently been elected as honorary member of MMT.
- Organization of “Medical Meteorology Conference”, every odd year (co-organizing with the Hungarian Balneological Society and the Hungarian Society of Hygiene)
Recent news and activities:
- 150 years Hungarian Meteorological Service
- Environmental issues and meteorology in the training of physics teachers in Hungary
- Interview with MMT Member Ákos Németh
- Interview of the month: Hungarian Meteorological Society
Secretary General: Ákos Németh
Kitaibel P. u. 1.
Tel: +36 1 346-4780