Associació Catalana de Meteorologia
Number of members: 166
President: Jordi Mazon Bueso
- Jornades de Meteorologia Eduard Fontserè: Organisation of a yearly meeting with invited speakers and poster presentations; publication of a book with summaries of the presentations.
- Participation and support to seminars, exhibitions and other outreach activities related to meteorology.
- Organisation of the biennial Eduard Fontserè prize, awarded for studies related to Mediterranean Meteorology. English instructions at http://acam.cat/sites/default/files/03_Rules_AwardsEF_Intern-State_english_2015.pdf
- Publication jointly with the University of the Balearic Islands of the open-access journal Tethys http://www.tethys.cat.
- Co-organisation with the Tethys journal Editorial Board of the biennial International Conference on Meteorology and Climatology of the Mediterranean (MetMed).
Recent news and activities:
- XXIV Eduard Fontserè Symposium on Meteorology
- Fabra Observatory Barcelona recognised as WMO Centennial Observing Station
- Interview with ACAM Member Marc Prohom Duran
- Interview of the month: Catalan Meteorological Society
- XXIII Symposium on Meteorology and Climatology “Eduard Fontserè”
- ACAM: New President Jordi Mazon
C/ Pere Giró, 9
08720 Vilafranca del Penedès
e-mail: acam at acam.cat