ICON / COSMO-CLM / ART Numerical Model Training 2019
The aim of this training course is to familiarize new NWP users with ICON and new climate users with COSMO-CLM. This training course will provide theoretical lessons for an introduction to numerical weather prediction with ICON and regional climate modelling with COSMO-CLM.
Practical exercises give the opportunity to compile the programs, run the model and analyze the output of NWP and RCM runs. They are offered in parallel for two different groups:
- NWP research applications (with the ICON model system)
- Climate research applications (with the COSMO-CLM model system)
Additional optional courses are offered for:
- Aerosols and Reactive Trace gases extension (ICON-ART)
- How to install ICON (including necessary libraries)
- Accelerated Dycore of COSMO (for those who plan to run COSMO on a GPU system)
The deadline for registration has expired.