EMS Annual Meeting 2018
The EMS Annual Meeting 2018 will be held from 3 to 7 September 2018 at the Corvinus University of Budapest, Hungary.
Conference theme: Weather and climate: global change and local hazards
The challenges for meteorology are growing. Citizens, decision-makers, indeed all of society require information on the consequences of our changing climate, and especially on weather and climate hazards that seem to occur more frequently and to have a significant impact on humans, nature, and infrastructure. The essential role of meteorology since the start of operations remains unchanged – the provision to society of reliable forecasts and trustworthy warnings. However, in the 21st century impact predictions and long-term projections of climate change are also needed to support national strategic decisions aimed at saving lives and reducing the costs of natural hazards. All of these challenges place increasing responsibility on scientists and forecasters, as well as on meteorological companies, institutions, and organisations: the whole “weather and climate enterprise”.
- 7 March 2018: Deadline for EMS Young Scientist Travel Award applications
- 13 April 2018: Application deadline for registration fee waiver and Tromp F. travel awards for biomet papers
- 13 April 2018: Deadline for Abstract submission
- 28 May 2018: Letter of acceptance to authors
- 18 June 2018: Letter of schedule to authors