“Convective organization and climate sensitivity” Summer School
The 2nd ICTP Summer School on Theory, Mechanisms and Hierarchical Modeling of Climate Dynamics: Convective Organization and Climate Sensitivity will be held July 1-12, 2019 at ICTP in Trieste, Italy.
The school will focus on the organization of convection in the tropics and its possible implications for climate sensitivity. Topics include:
- Models of radiative-convective equilibrium
- Convective organization in high resolution models
- Evidence for organization in observations
- Implications for climate and climate sensitivity
- Representation in global models and their parameterization schemes
- Connection to MJO, hurricanes and other examples of convective organization
The event will consist of a one-week school, with some introductory lectures and the chance to work with observations and model output to address questions related to convective organization. In the second week, participants will benefit from open debate with over 20 of the world’s leading scientists in the field.
Application deadline: 01 March 2019