Challenges in meteorology – 9
The second call that includes the full meeting programme is now available
- To participate onsite: please register at the HMD web portal
- To participate online, please send an e-mail with the Subject: ‘MI9-online participation’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Croation Meteorological Society HMD is organising the 9th edition of Challenges in meteorology with the theme “The importance of agrometeorology in supporting the agricultural sector”.
Farmers will agree that extreme weather and climate change are a major challenge in the sustainable food production. Therefore, accurate and reliable information about the expected weather conditions in the coming days, weeks and months is extremely important to them, in order to achieve a successful food production.
The goals of the conference are:
- to discuss the ways in which agrometeorology, as an important link in the production chain, with its specialized meteorological products can respond to the needs of farmers in efficient food production;
- to exchange the latest scientific achievements in the fields of meteorology, climatology, applied meteorology, environmental protection and sustainable development;
- to strengthen the communication with users of meteorological data and products, the general public and the media and to promote and popularize meteorology.
The meeting is open to all users and providers of meteorological information.
The expected results of the conference are closer interdisciplinary cooperation between meteorologists and users from all areas of social and economic activities focused on supporting the agricultural sector, as well as developing awareness of the importance of strengthening communication among all relevant stakeholders. The official languages of the conference are Croatian and English.