CALMet XV Conference 2023
Online, hosted by Deutscher Wetterdienst, Germany
The international CALMet community gathers again for sharing best practices in training for the meteorological, hydrological, and climate workforce.
To increase the possibility for all practitioners in the meteorological, hydrological, and climate Education and Training Sector to take part in the CALMet experience we again will offer the CALMet Conference as a “flipped-learning conference”. Rather than a series of presentations, we intend this event to be highly active and filled with opportunities for participants to interact.
This means that we will make all conference material available in advance for you to explore and get familiar with that at your own pace in the period between 7 – 12 November. During the Conference week, 13 – 17 November, we will host live plenary sessions, as well as opportunities for asynchronous interactions. Consulting the conference material in advance will help you to be prepared for discussions and activities taking place during the Conference week.
This year leading themes will be:
- Lessons learned
- Future challenges & opportunities
During the CALMet XV Conference there will be resource materials, short presentations, (asynchronous and synchronous) discussions, workshops and activities on the following subjects:
- Fostering collaboration with communities
- Inspiration for the training sessions you provide
- Artificial Intelligent (AI) in Training and Professional Development
- Educational tools related experiences, best practices, and lessons learned
- Supporting Training for Meteorological Professionals
- Supporting Satellite Meteorology training
- Supporting the Training for Other Professionals and Public
The Conference environment will be open for exploring and asynchronous discussions from the 7th of November onwards. This link provides a preview of the synchronous programme. The green blocks are synchronous workshops, the blue blocks represent synchronous discussion sessions on the subjects named above.
If you are working in the meteorological, hydrological, and climate Education and Training Sector and the subjects sound of interest to you then please register yourself at this link ;there will be no conference fee.
For any questions please contact: email@example.com
The Conference Working Group
- Heleen ter Pelkwijk (KNMI) Deutscher Wetterdienst, Germany
- Roro Yuliana Purwanti (BMKG)
- Luciane Veeck (WMO)
- Barbara Bourdelles (Meteo France)
- Mick Pope (BMTC)
- Tsvet Ross-Lazarov (COMET)
- Felipe Vannucci (SMN)
- Jingrong Sun (CMATC)
- Vesa Nietosvaara (EUMETSAT)
The Local Organiser
- Wilfried Jacobs (DWD)