36th International Conference on Alpine Meteorology (ICAM)
The 36th International Conference on Alpine Meteorology (ICAM) will take place from 7 to 11 June 2021 in St. Gallen, in the eastern part of Switzerland.
Papers on all aspects of mountain weather and climate are welcome, including but not limited to:
- Dynamics of dry and moist orographically forced airflow
- Boundary layer processes over complex terrain
- Orographic clouds and precipitation
- Recent and future field campaigns
- Challenges in weather forecasting in mountainous areas
- Numerical weather prediction over complex terrain (incl. data assimilation and predictability studies)
- Mountain climates and impacts of global warming
- Meteorological processes affecting air quality, water resources, renewable energy harvesting, ecosystems, urban environment and infrastructures
The conference is jointly organised by the Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology MeteoSwiss and ETH Zurich. It will be held at the Conference Hotel Einstein.
- Abstract submission deadline: 18 December 2020
- Early bird registration: 15 January 2021
- Registration: 01 April 2021
The abstract submission is open, registration will start on 01 December 2020.