36th International Conference on Alpine Meteorology
Due to the ongoing Corona pandemic, the 36th International Conference on Alpine Meteorology (ICAM) has to be postponed.
Keep 7 to 11 June 2021 marked in your calendars: The organisers plan to use this week to organise a short online-event to allow for the international community interested in Alpine meteorology and climatology to (virtually) meet and exchange.
More details concerning the new date of the conference as well as the online-event will be available soon.
Keep in mind, that for the conference papers on all aspects of mountain weather and climate are welcome, including but not limited to:
- Dynamics of dry and moist orographically forced airflow
- Boundary layer processes over complex terrain
- Orographic clouds and precipitation
- Recent and future field campaigns
- Challenges in weather forecasting in mountainous areas
- Numerical weather prediction over complex terrain (incl. data assimilation and predictability studies)
- Mountain climates and impacts of global warming
- Meteorological processes affecting air quality, water resources, renewable energy harvesting, ecosystems, urban environment and infrastructures
The conference is jointly organised by the Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology MeteoSwiss and ETH Zurich. It will be held at the Conference Hotel Einstein.
- Abstract submission deadline: tbd
- Early bird registration: tbd
- Registration: tbd