19th Conference on Mountain Meteorology
The program committee for this conference seeks contributions on all aspects of mountain meteorology, including but not limited to:
- Dynamics and physics of orographic clouds and precipitation
- Boundary layers and turbulence in complex terrain
- Diurnal mountain winds and cold-air pools
- Mountain waves and airflow dynamics
- Mountain hydrology and ecology
- The mountain cryosphere (snowpack, glaciers, avalanches)
- Climate change and variability over complex terrain
- Numerical weather prediction, data assimilation, and forecasting in complex terrain
- Applications of mountain meteorology (e.g. air quality, fire dynamics, wind resource assessment, and winter sports forecasting)
- New or emerging topics in mountain meteorology
- Preliminary results from recent field campaigns
A special named session will also be held to honor the contributions of Dr. Vanda Grubišic.
A special session on Education, Outreach, Diversity, Inclusion and Equity in Mountain Meteorology will also be held. Individuals wishing to contribute to this session through an abstract submission can also submit an abstract to the science sessions above without penalty.
Abstract submission deadline: 12 March 2020.