EMS2021 programme online
– registration opens early July –
The conference will start with an Opening Day on Friday 3 September with Strategic Lectures related to the Sustainable Development Goals and the contributions of the weather, water and climate communities to achieving these goals. There will also be the future of science café, a networking event by and for early-career scientists, highlights about achievements and awards, and network icebreakers:
Session Programme 6 to 10 September 2021
Some 40 sessions are scheduled from 6 to 10 September 2021, running in four parallel streams:
- Live sessions are scheduled in three time blocks per day, each lasting 1:30 hours: The starting times are 9:00h, 11:00h and 14:00h (all CEST): -> Session programme by day and time
- Around ten Lightning talks will be followed by opportunities for discussions in small groups in video break-out rooms.
- Key note presentations related to each of the Programme Streams are scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 16:00 CEST:
Information about our eminent speakers is available at https://www.emetsoc.org/ems2021-plenary-speakers/
- All sessions will be run via zoom. More details on the virtual format
The week will also see a number of highlight talks, the Harry Otten Prize presentations and winner selection, a discussion of women in the global weather enterprise and opportunities to “run into colleagues” at a networking platform during breaks, at the end of each day and possibly inbetween.
We will also honour the late Sergej Zilitinkevich, the person and his immensely fruitful work, in a session with former colleagues and friends.
A number of workshops and short courses planned are also in preparation, along with several other events.
Registration will open early July and will provide options for institutional as well as Personal invoices: