ECMWF: Compensation & Benefits Partner
Shinfield Park, Reading, UK
Closing date: 17 October 2018
As part of modernising the HR function, ECMWF is looking for strong HR professionals who work very closely with the organisation to influence and support on strategic and day-to-day people issues.
ECMWF is recruiting for a compensation & benefits expert with a business-partnering angle. This role will provide compensation & benefits expertise to their HR peers and the wider organisation. S/he will ensure that ECMWS policies continue to help attract and retain exceptional talent. S/he will stay abreast of new developments in the compensation & benefits world and will bring these into the organisation. S/he will also work closely with the International Service for Remuneration & Pensions (ISRP), the benchmarking organisation of the Coordinated Organisations, to ensure the smooth running of the reward cycle, will be the main contact for benefit suppliers and will act as focal point for pension administration.
In addition to being the compensation & benefits expert, this role will also act as HR business partner to a defined client group within the organisation. S/he will work closely with line managers in their client group to identify people challenges, recruit talent, develop staff, address any employee relations issues and enhance staff engagement.
Main duties and key responsibilities
- Acting as compensation & benefits expert and process owner for the organisation
- Staying abreast of developments in compensation & benefits best practice and important issues which could impact ECMWF and bringing this knowledge into the organisation
- Working closely with the International Service for Remuneration & Pensions (ISRP), the benchmarking organisation of the Coordinated Organisations, to provide the ISRP with data input, review benchmarking information, and implement benchmark updates back into the organisation
- Acting as main contact for benefit suppliers, such as medical insurance, relocation services etc
- Managing pension administration and payroll, including the interface with our pensioners
- Representing ECMWF as appropriate in the meetings of the Coordinated Organisations, particularly the Pensions Administrative Committee of the Coordinated Organisations (PACCO)
- Contributing to a range of compensation & benefit related projects, including the development of policy proposals
- Providing HR advice, guidance and direction as well as acting as trusted partner concerning HR related subjects to the defined client group
- Working closely with the other HR Business Partners to ensure a consistent approach of the highest quality of HR service across the client groups and organisation
The successful candidates will be recruited at the A2 grade, according to the scales of the Co-ordinated Organisations and the annual basic salary will be £58,238.40 NET of tax. The Centre also offers a generous benefits package. This position is assigned to the employment category STF-C as defined in the Staff Regulations.
Full details of salary scales and allowance are available on the ECMWF website at https://www.ecmwf.int/en/about/jobs/jobs-ecmwf including the Centre’s Staff Regulations regarding the terms and conditions of employment.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Length of contract: Four years, with the possibility of a further contract.