ECMWF: Analyst – User Support
Shinfield Park, Reading, UK
Closing date: 22 October 2018
The Copernicus User Support Team provides 1st-level and 2nd-level support and manages the 3rd-level user support for both the Copernicus Atmosphere Monitoring Service (CAMS) and the Copernicus Climate Change Service (C3S). The team plays a vital role in supporting both the CAMS and C3S user communities by providing advice on the use of the services through swift diagnosis and resolution of technical and procedural problems. The role requires a good understanding of both the users’ needs and the services offered as part of CAMS and C3S.
- 1st-level and 2nd-level support involve analysing queries, understanding and clarifying what the users want to achieve, providing solutions and recommendations where appropriate in a timely and professional manner
- 3rd-level support involves providing in-depth answers to queries, working with internal and external domain experts so that knowledge can be transferred to supporting staff, and to end users.
Management of the user support function provided by CAMS and C3S contractors is part of the role
As the User Support Analyst is a customer focussed role, s/he will interact with users both internally and externally. The role calls for an individual with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. S/he will be working with a degree of autonomy with the ability to work under some pressure to meet the timely needs of the users.
Main duties and key responsibilities
- Providing user support and technical advice for both CAMS & C3S products
- Developing, maintaining and continuously improving tools and documentation, including service desk and knowledge base
- Monitoring the quality of the user support service, e.g. user satisfaction
- Developing scripts and tools to facilitate the use of CAMS & C3S products
- Contributing to user uptake, training and other relevant events
- Other related ad-hoc tasks as required
The successful candidate will be recruited at the A2 grade, according to the scales of the Co-ordinated Organisations and the annual salary will be £58,238.40 net of tax. This position is assigned to the employment category STF-PL as defined in the Staff Regulations.
Full details of salary scales and allowance are available on the ECMWF website at https://www.ecmwf.int/en/about/jobs/jobs-ecmwf including the Centre’s Staff Regulations regarding the terms and conditions of employment.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Length of contract: To 31st December 2020.