Media and Communication
- Investigate the way presentations have an impact on the public.
- Serve as a forum for exchange of experience between meteorologists working in media in different countries
- Co-operate with weather presenters that are members of the AMS, IABM, WMO expert team and IWF
- Production of videos about EMS Members’ acivities – #WorldMetDay
- Organise the Media Session at the EMS Annual Meetings.
- Announcement of EMS Media Awards
- Organise Training Workshops for climatologists on communication of climate change to the media.
- Develop guidelines for communication on climate change.
Recent workshops and statements
- Workshop: Effective communication of agrometeorological services during EMS2022
- European Communications workshop for European weather services (NMHSs) since 2013, the last one in 2019 in Copenhagen during EMS2019
- Training workshop at EMS & ECAC 2014: Tips for effectively dealing with the media
- Workshop on Communication Skills for Climatologists
- Development of EMS Code of Practice
Tanja CegnarSMD, Slovenia
Earlier Members of the Communication and Media team
- Alois Holzer, ORF, Austria: former chair of the Journalist Award selection committee
- Best Practice examples on outreach, communication, weather forecasts and innovation in Journalism
- Webcasts of the Panel Discussion Communication on Climate Change at the EMS&ECAC 2010
- Communicating Science: Tips from a top journalist