The workshop is focused on a special field of “Forensic Meteorology”: to determine the type of a past damage event (windstorm or tornado) and to estimate the strength of the maximum wind.
- Importance of damage assessment for severe storm climatology (with emphasis on ESWD)
- Methods of damage survey and application of wind damage scales
- Selected case studies and/or a current field study, if a recent case is within reach
- Expert discussion on damage assessment methods and their future development
Target audience (not exclusively):
- Persons involved in the Quality Control process of ESWD data
- Persons involed in damage assessment activities of national weather services, other government agencies and commercial entities like insurances
Possibly on the first day the International Tornado Standards Working Group meeting will take place as part of the activity. Workshop participants will join this interesting discussion day as registered guests. The registration for this first day is free of charge for members of the working group.
Deadline early bird registration: 30 April 2018