The conference theme is:
Where atmosphere, sea and land meet: bridging between sciences, applications and stakeholders.
The scientific programme and abstract submission are now accessible at:
- 16 March 2016: Abstract submission with Young Scientist Travel Award (YSTA) or waiver applications
- 21 April 2016: Abstract submission
Apart from the EMS YSTAs and waivers a number of travel awards for young scientists working on topics in bioemeteorology will also be available. Details will become available shortly at:
The EMS Tromp Award for an outstanding achievement in biometeorology includes travel expenses to the EMS & ECAC:
The session programme consists of the following programme groups:
• Climate and Applied Climatology (ECAC)
• Applications of Meteorology (AM)
• The Atmospheric System and its Interactions (ASI)
• Communication and Education (CE)
• Measurements and Observations (OBS)
• Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP)
Information on registration, accommodation, travel routes, awards, visa requirements, social events and exhibition opportunities will also become available on the conference website (http://ems2016.eu).
Facilities will be available for groups wishing to hold side meetings. An online side meeting request form will be available soon.
We are planning to organise the following training workshops:
• Introduction to WRF: for all interested, including PhD students, atmospheric scientists and consultants:
• Basic concepts of data assimilation:
Deadline for workshop registrations is 09 July 2016.