ECMWF, Shinfield Park, Reading, UK
Summary of the role
In January 2018, ECMWF will implement the first phase of its new Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP) with Business World On! (BWO!) which presents an exciting opportunity for a strong System Administrator to come on board. The main functions of this role will be to cover the day-to-day system administration for the BWO! environment which will include responding to incidents, and issues, addressing service requests and offering high quality solutions and support to staff and external stakeholders. It will also involve the continuous monitoring and development of the system for any enhancements to ensure efficiency of the overall service.
This would suit an individual that is self-motivated, and highly focused on delivering a high quality service to ensure process efficiency. With the ability to work under pressure and flexible in their approach, the System Administrator will work independently but collaboratively as the function will work across all sections of the organisation.
The successful candidate will also be required to develop the user documentation and provide training to new staff as appropriate as well as proposing system optimisation and development. The position sits within the Administration Department and will report to the Deputy Director of Administration.
Main duties and key responsibilities
- Providing support to end-users, ensuring the administration and reliable performance of the ERP system
- Being responsible for problem tracking, diagnosis, replication, troubleshooting, resolution of issues and liaising with service providers as appropriate
- Taking responsibility for user access administration and for creating and maintaining user roles or profiles in the ERP system
- Coordinating system maintenance with users and carrying out maintenance tasks with the involvement of external or internal parties
- Creating and maintaining documentation of system configuration and training material as needed
- Assessing the impact of changes in the configuration of the system
- Supporting the design, configuration, testing and implementation of future BWO modules
- Conducting compliance and general IT control processes on a regular basis and participating in both internal and external system audits
- Monitoring system performance and usage to maintain its security and reliability
- Building reports and SQL queries to extract data from BWO! and creating dashboards
- Acting as the focal point for all queries related to BWO
The successful candidate will be recruited at the A2 grade, according to the scales of the Co-ordinated Organisations and the annual basic salary will be £56,487.24 net of tax. This position is assigned to the employment category STF-C as defined in the Staff Regulations.
Full details of salary scales and allowances are available on the ECMWF website at www.ecmwf.int/en/about/jobs, including the Centre’s Staff Regulations regarding the terms and conditions of employment.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Length of contract: Four years, with the possibility of a further contract.