Tromp foundation travel award to young scientists (TFTAYS)
The deadline for applications has expired.
The Tromp Foundation established a new travel grant in 2016. With the Tromp foundation travel award to young scientists (TFTAYS) it aims to support scientists who present papers in the area of biometeorology at EMS Annual Meetings.
In 2017 the awards will support participation in the EMS Annual Meeting, 4-8 September 2017, in Dublin, Ireland. Deadline for applications and submission of abstracts will be: 14 March 2017
The EMS and the Tromp Foundation invite applications for Tromp foundation travel award to young scientists (TFTAYS) to support the participation of young scientists at the 17th EMS Annual Meeting – European Conference for Applications of Meteorology and Climatology, 4 – 8 September 2017, Dublin, Ireland. These awards are funded by the Tromp Foundation, the legacy of Solco W. Tromp.
This award is specifically for presentations in the area of biometeorology.
The award consists of financial support for travel expenditures of 500€ and registration at the conference.
Young scientists under 35 years of age on the first of January 2017 working and/or studying in a European country are eligible for an award. All countries with an EMS Member Society or included in the WMO RA VI region are considered as European. An overview of EMS Member Societies is available here.
This award is specifically for presentations in the area of biometeorology. Presentations in sessions Human Biometeorology, Phenology and Agrometeorology, Urban Climate and Adaptation are treated with high priority; presentations in other related sessions could be considered as well, but the decision on eligibility is to the selection committee.
To apply the following procedures have to be followed:
- Submit your abstract for the EMS Annual Meeting following guidelines at the conference site http://www.ems2017.eu/abstract_management/how_to_submit_an_abstract.html before 14 March 2017.
- Then submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, also no later than 14 March 2017:
- a short curriculum vitae of the candidate
– please include a list of your most important publications and distinguish between peer-reviewed and other publications,
- the pdf of the submitted abstract, the abstract number and title, as well as the session number and title to which the abstract for the EMS Annual Meeting was submitted,
- a document that proofs the age of the candidate, and
- an estimate of your travel-related costs.
The applicant must be the presenting author of the submitted contribution. Note that award applicants have to pay Abstract Processing Fees at the time of submitting the abstract.
Please submit any application to email@example.com no later than 14 March 2017. All documents must be in pdf-format.
Applicants will be notified on the results of the selection process by 13 April 2017.
A certificate will be presented to the awardees at the EMS Annual Meeting in Dublin. The award recipients are expected to provide a report on the conference. The award prize of 500€ is transferred to their bank account after receipt of the report.
Selected awardees will be registered for the conference by the Tromp Foundation.