Young Scientist Travel Award: EUMETSAT Meteorological Satellite Conference 2017
Deadline for YSTA applications: 31 May 2017
The European Meteorological Society invites applications for three Young Scientist Travel Awards (YSTA) to support the participation of young scientists at the 2017 EUMETSAT Meteorological Satellite Conference, 2 to 6 October 2017, Rome, Italy. The award includes financial support for travel expenditures of 500€. Two of these awards are funded by EUMETSAT.
Young scientists under 35 years of age on the first of January 2017 working and/or studying in a European country are eligible for an award. Applicants that have previously won an EMS Young Scientist Travel Award are only considered with low priority for this award.
All countries with an EMS Member Society or included in the WMO RA VI region are considered as European. An overview of EMS Member Societies is available here.
To apply the following documents are required:
- a short curriculum vitae of the candidate
– please include a list of your most important publications and distinguish between peer-reviewed and other publications,
- the abstract submitted/accepted for presentation at the 2017 EUMETSAT Meteorological Satellite Conference,
- a document that proofs the age of the candidate, and
- a supporting letter by an EMS Member Society, EMS Associate Member or a supervisor or equivalent, explaining the achievements of the candidate and the relevance of the conference for her/his future career.
The applicant must be the presenting author of the submitted contribution.
Please submit any application to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 31 May 2017.
All documents must be provided in pdf-format.
The selected awardees will receive a certificate during the 2017 EUMETSAT Meteorological Satellite Conference in Rome. The awardees are expected to provide a report on the conference for publication on the emetsoc-site until two weeks after the meeting.
The award prize of 500€ is transferred after receipt of this report.