Young Scientist Travel Award: ECMWF Annual Seminar 2017
Deadline for YSTA applications: 14 June 2017
The European Meteorological Society invites applications for a Young Scientist Travel Award (YSTA) to support the participation of young scientists at the ECMWF Annual Seminar, 11 – 15 September 2017, Reading, UK: Ensemble Prediction: Past, Present and Future. The award includes financial support for travel expenditures of 500€.
Young scientists under 35 years of age on the first of January 2017 working and/or studying in a European country are eligible for an award. Applicants that have previously won an EMS Young Scientist Travel Award are only considered with low priority for this award.
All countries with an EMS Member Society or included in the WMO RA VI region are considered as European. An overview of EMS Member Societies is available here.
To apply the following documents are required:
- a short curriculum vitae of the candidate
– please include a list of your most important publications and distinguish between peer-reviewed and other publications,
- a letter of motivation,
- registration confirmation,
- a document that proofs the age of the candidate, and
- a supporting letter by an EMS Member Society, EMS Associate Member or a supervisor or equivalent, explaining the achievements of the candidate and the relevance of the seminar for her/his future career.
Please submit any application to email@example.com, no later than 14 June 2017.
All documents must be provided in pdf-format.
The selected awardee will receive a certificate during the ECMWF Annual Seminar in Reading. The awardee is expected to provide a report on the seminar for publication on the emetsoc-site until two weeks after the event.
The award prize of 500€ is transferred after receipt of this report.