Young Scientist Travel Award 2017: 17th EMS Annual Meeting, Dublin
Deadline for applications and submission of abstracts: 14 March 2017
The European Meteorological Society invites applications for Young Scientist Travel Awards (YSTA) to support the participation of young scientists at the 17th EMS Annual Meeting: European Conference for Applied Meteorology and Climatology, 4 – 8 September 2017, Dublin, Ireland. The award includes a registration fee waiver and financial support for travel expenditures of 300€.
Young scientists under 35 years of age on the first of January 2017 working and/or studying in a European country are eligible for an award. Applicants that have previously won an EMS Young Scientist Travel Award are only considered with low priority for this award.
All countries with an EMS Member Society or included in the WMO RA VI region are considered as European. An overview of EMS Member Societies is available here.
To apply the following procedures have to be followed:
- Submit your abstract for the EMS Annual Meeting by 14 March 2017, following guidelines at the conference site http://www.ems2017.eu/abstract_management/how_to_submit_an_abstract.html.
Then submit the following documents to email@example.com, also by 14 March 2017:
- a short curriculum vitae of the candidate
– please include a list of your most important publications and distinguish between peer-reviewed and other publications,
- the abstract (pdf-file), abstract number and title, as well as the number and title of the session to which the abstract was submitted,
- a document that proofs the age of the candidate, and
- a supporting letter by an EMS Member Society, EMS Associate Member or a supervisor or equivalent, explaining the achievements of the candidate and the relevance of the conference for her/his future career.
The applicant must be the presenting author of the submitted contribution. Note that award applicants have to pay Abstract Processing Fees at the time of submitting the abstract.
Please submit any application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 March 2017. All documents must be provided in pdf-format.
Applicants will be notified on the results of the selection process by 13 April 2017.
Selected awardees will be registered automatically and an award certificate will be presented to them during the Icebreaker at the EMS Annual Meeting in Dublin.
The award recipients are expected to provide a report on the conference for publication on the emetsoc-site until two weeks after the meeting. The award prize of 300€ is transferred after receipt of the report.