The Outstanding Poster Award
The Outstanding Poster Award has been established in 2009, to highlight good quality posters presented at the EMS Annual Meetings. The posters are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Scientific quality,
- Innovativeness of the approach,
- Potential impacts of the results,
- Visual aspects, attractiveness, and
- Clarity/fluency to have the message through to the readers.
The author(s) receive one registration fee waiver for the EMS Annual Meeting in the following year, and the posters are highlighted on the EMS website as example of Best Practice.
A selection committee of five senior scientists is established each year. The composition of these committees can be found using the links below.
Previous Poster Award Winners
- OPA winner EMS&ECAC 2016: Julie Berckmans, Alexandra-Jane Henrot, Ingrid Jacquemin and Rafiq Hamdi , Belgium, for their poster entitled: Sensitivity of the regional climate model ALARO-0 to land surface changes (Poster G13, abstract EMS2016-533).
- OPA winners at the EMS&ECAM 2009: