Education Project Team
- To promote a dialogue between relevant bodies, individuals and programmes in which meteorological education plays a role.
- To facilitate the access of the community to teaching material on the Internet.
- Organisation of the Education sessions at the EMS Annual Meetings.
- Contributions are solicited from EUMETCAL, EMS Member Societies and Associate Members with educational activities, European projects with an educational segment (ENSEMBLES, QUANTIFY, ACCENT), or other educational activities across Europe or worldwide (e.g. GLOBE), in particular in connection with AMS educational activities.
- Maintain an Education Portal, providing links to existing educational institutions or activities (EUMETCAL, ESA, EUMETSAT, GLOBE, RmetS, SMF,…), to educational packages with teaching materials (COMET, EUMETCAL, GLOBE, ESPERE, …), examples of good practice, education in atmospheric sciences in media (TV, journals, internet).
Chair Project Team
- Tomas Halenka (CMeS, Czech Republic)